– My camera is broken and has been sent to the repairing folks in Connecticut. I use my camera so much, for children and knitting both, that I feel a bit lost without it. I pulled out the old SLR today and snapped some cuties of the kids. If you can, please send good camera vibes my way. I must get the digital back before Jerry’s first day of school in a few weeks. Must.
– My friend Jen and I have started a Ravelry group. We realized we are both tall women and thought it would be fun to start a Tall Knitters group. She’s the one who finally up and did it. Go, girl. Actually, the group makes me feel kinda short, as I’m only 5’10” and most of the other knitters and crocheters that have joined are taller than me. If you are a tall knitter, or if you knit for a tall person, or heck, even if you wish you were tall, you may join us. It’ll be great.
– Camping was actually fun.
This was up at the top of Grandfather Mountain, and one of the last pictures I took before the camera bit the dust.
The campground was bare bones – toilets and sinks and water were the amenities, if you can call them that. Gerald cooked good food, I chased after Maggie a bunch, and Jerry had the time of his life.
– I went yarn shopping and bought some of that new Kaffe Fassett yarn from Laura’s Yarn-Tastic in Boone, a lovely shop with a good selection. The yarn is beautiful and I’ll have it on the needles soon. Actually, Kaffe Fassett will be at that store in October, so I may have to consider another trip to the mountains.
– I’m trying to make a manly hat for my friend Pier, so I bought some manly Rowan Felted Tweed from Dee’s Yarn Nook in Blowing Rock, NC. The manly pattern I’m using is the zeebee. It looks great. I’d take a picture, but you know, the camera’s broken.
– Jerry’s pirate hat is finished and it looks fantastic. It fits him perfectly. I worked on it a lot in the car on the camping trip and sitting by the campfire. Actually, it looks almost the same as the last one I made, but this time I used wool. Some might not ever notice the difference, but I do. This one is so much better in all it’s woolly goodness.
– Since I’m still feeling a little down about the camera, I’ll try and perk things up a bit here with some more vacation pictures. Enjoy!