Over the past year, I’ve spent a lot of time wondering how many books I might sell. To be honest, I really had no way of knowing or even predicting that number. I dreamed of selling a million, but hoped to sell twenty.
Well, I have sold almost one hundred books, and though it’s not a million, I’m surprised and excited and humbled. I’m also feeling a bit gifty and generous, so I thought I’d do a wee giveaway.
Except it’s not wee. It’s big. Wanna know what you could win?
- One advance copy of The Red Collection, plus the digital files to go along with it.
- Yarn! Enough Lamb’s Pride Bulky to knit either the Drifty Hat or Drifty Mittens, and three balls of Lanaloft Sports weight – enough to knit either the Radio Frequency Hat or Mittens (two balls of black, one ball of red).
- A Moleskine notebook. It’s RED!
- A copy of the book 1,000 Fabulous Knit Hats, which contains my End of May Hat pattern, 9 other gorgeous hat patterns, and 990 inspiring photos of knitted and crocheted hats.
- And to top it all off, a Hats & Mittens bag from Yarn Play Cafe to keep all your new swag in. Jen made the bag especially for this giveaway! It’s her new Large Tote Bag with Pockets.
photo courtesy of Yarn Play Cafe
Questions you may have
How do I enter?
Leave a comment on this post.
Can I enter more than once?
Yes! You can enter up to three times: one entry for a comment on this post, one entry for a tweet, one entry for a Facebook post. Please let me know in your comment on this post if you’ve tweeted or put it on Facebook. I trust that you’ll be honest about it.
Here’s a sample tweet that you can use:
- @zigzagstitch is giving away her new book, The Red Collection, and a pile of swag! Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/3xktf2p
I already bought the book. Can I still enter?
Of course! If you’ve already purchased the book, I will refund your money if you win!
I’ve never visited your blog before. What’s this about a book?
How long is the contest?
The contest starts right now and will run through Friday, October 1st at 7 pm (Eastern Standard Time). The winner will be announced by Oct. 4th.
I’ve known from the beginning of this process that it would be a big job to get the word out about my book. Self-publishing The Red Collection was the perfect option for me and my family, but it means I’m also the publicist, the manager, the distributor, the marketing director, the customer service agent…you get the point. When you share the links to this contest and my blog, you’re making my job that much easier. For every tweet, for every Facebook link you share, for every person you tell about the book, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I couldn’t do it without your support.